Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Fresh Start!

Sure New Year's Day was 81 days ago, but each day is a new day with the exact same opportunity to change or to start again.  Today, I've decided to start over with this blog.  When I initially set this blog up, it was going to be more about my new found political activism.  Well it turns out that was rather short lived as I realized it makes more sense to me to change my self than to try and change others - especially on a state, national, or global level.  So I'm refocusing much, much smaller in.  Life is lived inside out.  I start with what's inside my own heart and mind, I then work outward to my body, my career, my home, my family.  That extends to my interactions with my community and that's about all the further I care to focus on anymore.  It's all important, but if I want to be effective in being the change I wish to see, all I can really do is be it.  Someone posted a saying on Facebook that really struck me and has stuck with me - "Lighthouses do not need to fire cannons to draw attention to their shining, they just shine."

With that in mind, I put my activist cannons away.  I don't need to convince anyone to change.  Not with me and not even for me.  I'll change how I want and need to change.  If it inspires others, great!  If not, at least I know I've done what I need to do.  There are other reasons why I let political activism go that I will explain later, but for now I just want to share my enthusiasm for my newest adventure - weight loss!  I am working with Marianne Williamson's latest book "A Course in Weight Loss" and I'm very excited about what I hope will be a whole new chapter of my life.  I've been heavy for about 15/16 years now and I've always been unhappy about it and it's just time to make this change.  I'm at my highest weight ever right now and I've reached the point where I feel like if I don't turn back now there will be no turning back.  I feel that if I don't start slimming back down now, I may as well give up my dream of ever being thin again - and at this point, thin isn't even the real goal, simply moving back down the scale is.  So, this new blogging adventure is going to be much more personal and intimate than I thought, which is a scary prospect to be honest, but it's a story I want to share because I know so many other people are going through what I am.  So many people have lost their home like I did.  So many people are struggling financially like I still do.  So many people are facing health challenges or unwanted weight like I am.  If I can inspire or give hope to people just like me by merely sharing my own journey I feel like I should do that.  I hope I'll get some readers.  I hope I can continue to have the courage to speak up (blog) out loud and I hope this fresh start leads me (and anyone else that needs it) to a life infinitely more awesome than what we can now imagine!

Thanks for being here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, April! Very inspirational. "Life is lived inside out."--I love that. May you have many happy positive changes ahead.

    ReplyDelete